1.3K views

I somehow ended up talking to Legal Shield several years ago when my juvenile child got in trouble with a bunch of other kids in the neighborhood for having knives.He's a good kid, never in trouble, so I had no experience with this kind of stuff.

Got a court date for juvenile court. I was looking for an attorney when I happened across these people. The guy on the phone immediately pushes their service telling me your child will be charged and jailed if you don't have a lawyer there to defend you. Not knowing any better I signed up.

They then assigned me to an attorney at the other end of the state more than an hour away. When I contact this guy he tells me he's going on vacation for two weeks, and that I should go to court and ask for a continuance. I ended up in court alone, (great service huh?) pleading not guilty and the prosecutor gave my kid some community time. He completed the community service, we went back and were done with this whole thing.

I quickly cancelled this useless service.Don't waste your time.

Review about: Legal Shield Legal Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Legal Shield?

Comments

I signed up years ago having a lawyer available when needed sounded great.These people didn't even attempt to appear legit..

Whenever I called with a legal problem I was told we don't handle that..After getting that answer for the third time I cancelled.